Owing to our rich industrial experience, we are offering optimum quality Laboratory Hot Set Test Apparatus. The Laboratory Hot Set Test Apparatus is designed and developed using high-grade raw material as per IS: 10810 (Pt- 30) & IS: 7098 (Pt-1, 2 & 3). These apparatus are used for determining the elongation & permanent set of insulation of electric cables under specified conditions of load, air flow and temperature.
The Apparatus comprises the following:
- A double walled cabinet with inside chamber of stainless steel and outside of mild steel duly painted inner dimensions of the chamber are 30 cm x 50 cm x 20 cm (W x H x D)
- The door is fitted with a full view glass to observe the specimen under test
- Temperature range of oven is ambient to 300 + 3ºC at sensor point, which is controlled by Digital Temperature Indicating Controller. The test requirement as per IS: 7098 is 200 + 3 º C
- The oven is designed to give 8 to 20 air changes per hour.
- The air inlet is provided at the bottom in such a way that the air flows over the surface of test pieces and leaves near the top of the oven.
- An air flow meter (Rota Meter) is fitted to control and monitor the airflow rate.
- Air Compressor is also provided as an optional item
- Grips are provided at the top of the oven to hang two specimens.
- For each sample, a set of suitable weights up to 1 Kg is provided with provision to attach the weights to one end of the test pieces.
- For the measurement of elongation one dial gauge of 50 mm travel is provided which enables the operator to read elongation directly on the dial gauge from outside without opening the door, i.e., by keeping the temperature, air flow conditioning same.
- The dial gauge can be mounted on any of the two – sample position.
Note: To provide 8 to 20 air changes per hour, a compressor / compressor / compressed air line of 4 to 10 litres/min is required. If this facility is not already available, a suitable Air Compressor may be purchased from us.